This year, with lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s, our Texas Winter so far has been very mild. While my allergies hate it, the fashionista in me is excited to not be stuck in an oversized sweater. On warmer days, a thicker shirt or light knit sweater is best. I stepped put of my confort zone and chose a tunic. The Romwe side slit tunic style t-shirt was perfect for today’s sunny January weather. Not being domethibg I normally wear, I had to discover what is the best way to style a tunic? After trial and error, i discovered:
- Tunics can be fitted or loose. Follow the rule: fitted on top, loose on bottom for a chic look.
- Wear this tunic with leggings or skinny jeans for a chic style.
- Add tall boots or sexy ankle boots to add pizzazz to your outfit.
- Make sure that a tunic cover your bottom, reaching to the back of your thighs for drama.
- Wear a long necklace with your tunic to give the illusion of being taller. A long shirt, combined with a long necklace, keeps the eye moving from top to bottom, making your appear taller.
- If you’re pear shaped remember that lighter colored jeans will make your bottom appear even bigger. Choose darker bottoms if you don’t wish to draw more attention to your shape. (However, remeber that msny if us love our “apple bottoms” so don’t be afraid to wear a lighter color if you want to.
- Above all, bold and confident. Tunics are worn to make a statement!
“Self Confidence is the best outfit. Rock it. Own it.”
Since, it’s winter, I layered a black camisole underneath my tunic to ensure that no chilly air reached my skin through the side slits. Once the warmer months arrives, I’ll be thankful for those side slits!! This tunic and easily be paired with white leggings for a fresh vacation style. It’s the perfect cover for a day of play at the beach followed by a quick bite to eat at a nearby restaurant. For those like me, who concerned about showing too much skin, I recommend still wearing a thin camisole of some sort so that you do not show your torso even during the warmer months.
One thing I really appreciated about the side slit tunic from Romwe is the quality of the fabric. It’s not thin or see though. It’s very opaque and thick. A special not the the buyer: this shirt runs small. It can fit very snug in the chest and accentuate any body fat on your torso. I recommend purchasing a size larger than your normal size to make sure the tunic doesn’t fit too snug. I selected the medium size for this tunic. Overall, I really enjoyed the side slit tunic from Romwe. I’m sure it will be the highlight for our next date night. Where do you like to go for an evening out? Leave me a comment below. As always stay chic and thanks for stopping by!
Love the tunic with knee high boots
Thank you Lauren! When it’s warmer I will pair them with booties!
I love the way you pair this top with the tall boots! Super cute.
Thank you so much!
I love the color of this tunic! It’s great finding a top long enough to wear with leggings!!
Yes! I’m on the tall side at 5’7″ and its definitely long enough. Thanks for stopping by.
Thanks for finally writing about >How to Style a Tunic – Sassy Teacher Chic <Loved it!
Thank you so much!