Summer is here and I’d like to wear something other than a dress for date night. I’ve seen rompers for the past few years, but just haven’t found one that suited my body type until this summer.
I finally found the perfect romper for my body type!!
What is my criteria for the perfect romper?
1. A romper follows my “Rule of Thumb” in length.
(Remember gym class? To always be safe, choose shorts that are fingertip length or longer. Taller ladies, understand that you may have to use your thumbs (or wrist). I am on the taller side, so I personally follow my “Rule of Thumb.” I never purchase shorts that are shorter than my thumbs when my arms are at my side. The result for my long & lanky body is a 4.5 inch inseam. Never shorter!)
2. It must have a high neckline.
3. I prefer wide straps so I won’t have to wear a strapless bra.
4. It must cinch in at the waist so it’s slimming.
5. The fabric should be soft, but not so flowy that it will ride up when the wind blows.
6. The cut is loose enough so that it will not stick to my skin on hot days, or show my panty line.
7. Above all, it must be easy to put on and take off when using the restroom. 😂
That’s a long list! However, I held firm to it until I found what I was looking for. Never compromise your personal standards for fashion. Keep looking for “Mr. Right” You’ll be so happy when you find it.
When date night arrived, I reached for my new romper. I enjoyed the evening at an outdoor concert with my husband, without thinking twice about wardrobe malfunctions, because I stuck to my rules. The outfit was a hit! Jason loved it. A romper will definitely be in my suitcase for our next vacation.
So, what’s the criteria for your perfect romper? Please comment below.