We’ve come a long way. We’ve made our style diaries, purged old clothing, and taken a good look at our body types. Now it’s time for investigative work: research!
So many women and men get irritated and give up on shopping because they can’t find anything in the stores. Why? Simple put: They were in the wrong store for their price point, body type, and personal style.
This is where research is needed. A more petite lady will need a store that sales items for petite frames. Likewise a curvy woman will want a store that is designed for a more curvy figure. A taller woman, like myself, will need to find a store that carries taller clothing.
I’ve recently be introduced to Long Tall Sally, a website that specializes in clothing for women taller women. I love their new Zip Front Maxi dress! I’m 5 feet 7 inches tall and wearing size small. I’m wearing a small 1.5 inch kitten heel so my dress doesn’t drag the ground.
How did I come to learn about Long Tall Sally? My sister! She is 5 feet 10 inches tall and has purchased items from Long Tall Sally for years. She recommended this London based company to me. At first, I didn’t want to step out of my comfort zone, but I fell in love with the pieces once I saw them on her. This lead me to find out more about Long Tall Sally. How can you do research to find stores that carry items you’d like?
1. Ask! If you see another women with a similar body type as yours wearing an item you like, ask her! Give her a compliment and tell her that you’ve been looking for a clothing for taller/curvy/petite women. Many times the individual will happily state where they purchased the item. Now you know which store is on your radar.
*Don’t ask him much she paid for the item. In many areas it’s considered rude, and you risk embarrassing the person. Look online or visit the store to discover the prices.
2. Look Online. Using your favorite search engine, look for stores that carry petite, curvy, tall, etc sizes.
3. Window Shop. Make time to window shop at your nearby mall or shopping center. Go with the idea of researching cost, quality, and fit. Wander around and see what’s available in your area. Many times you will also learn about seasonal and store sales.
By researching all 3 areas: cost, quality, and fit you:
- Save time by shopping at stores that don’t carry styles you like.
- Avoid sticker shock. You now have an idea of what an item should cost. Most importantly you know what you’re willing to pay. (Example: I love beautiful handbags, but I know that window shopping at Louis Vuitton is completely unrealistic for my wallet. )
- Discover which stores carry the quality you desire.
In conclusion, don’t skip this all important step. Do your research, just as you would if you were traveling to a new vacation spot. It will help you out in the long run. By employing this method you may be able to discover such wonderful stores and websites, such as Long Tall Sally, who offer stylish modest clothing for tall ladies. You too can find what you’re looking for with a little investigation. You may find the dress I’m wearing by clicking here. Zip Front Maxi Dress. Stay chic!