Life never seems to stop! Week after week there is more required of me to meet the needs of my students. As a first grader, my daughter is now taking “real” test. Nightly we are practicing her spelling words and reading story after story. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, yard work, homework, errands, grocery shopping….the list is never ending. There are so many times where I wish I could pause time so I can get everything done! It then dawned on me that I needed to “work smarter, not harder.” Here are 3 time savers that have really helped me.
- Online Grocery Shopping. So many stores in Fort Worth now offer online grocery shopping with free pick-up. Every other Sunday night, I meal plan and create my grocery list. Before watching Poldark (love that show) I order everything I need for 2 weeks and schedule it to be picked up the next day. After school, I drive to the grocery store where my bags are loaded into the back of my car. Voila! My shopping is done and I’m home before 4pm to begin Jocelyn’s homework.
- Yard Service. Not a native Texan, my husband suffers from terrible hay fever. He has even taken steroids to keep it under control. Therefore, I’ve been our “yard guy”. Before Jocelyn’s birth, each week I was able to mow, edge, and blow our yard. However, with the arrival of our little one- things changed. Working in the Texas heart caused my milk supply to dwindle. This is a nursing mother’s worst nightmare!! So we budgeted to have a yard service mow our lawn each week and my milk restored itself. For the past 4 year’s we’ve hired Neal’s Lawn Care a local Fort Worth Business. (817) 531-0061. At $25-$35 week they mow, edge, and blow both the front and back yards of your home- they have been a lifesaver.
- Recently, I’ve really enjoyed using OnDemand Care Car, a great new service in the Fort Worth area. They will come to your location and clean your vehicle for you! Maintaining a clean car is a necessity when you’re transporting young children to and from school during the week, and friends on the weekends during the ministry. With OnDemand Car Care you can:
- *Pick any of our car care options from cleaning to maintenance and we will return it back on time with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back.
- Whatever time period works for you. We can clean your car every week, every other month, every 3000 miles. You’re in the driver’s seat and can stop anytime. Best part is you receive frequency discounts on all other services you use as well.
- Cancel anytime. No contracts or commitments. Use us once or cancel in a few clicks.
- Optional fuel fill-up* with no service charge.
-Tires checked for pressure and wear.
-Review of general mechanical condition.
*fuel in addition
After looking at all of the benefits, I decided to try out this new car cleaning service.I scheduled the company come to my school and clean the car. The day of the cleaning, I met the OnDemand Car Care Specialist (Lee) in the school parking lot during my lunch break. He provided me with a link so that I had all of his information, exactly what and was being done to my car, and where it was located. In less than 90 minutes, my vehicle was completely cleaned, superbly detailed, and right back in the same parking spot it was that morning. Afterwards Lee, the Car Care Specialist, sent me a message letting me know that my vehicle was finished. He then left my keys with the school secretary. How wonderful it was to slide into a newly cleaned car at the end of the workday. Even the wheels had been washed by hand! All of my personal items, like my phone charger, where cleaned and accounted for. I couldn’t be more pleased with my hassle free car care. Indeed, OnDemand Care Car is a great time saver for busy mothers! Now all I needed to do what pickup groceries after work. What a great new service for Fort Worth. Please try it for yourself: Take $20 off with my code #SassyTeacherChic I’m sure you’ll enjoy the service just as much as I have! Thanks for stopping by.