I am all about skincare! From moisturizes, anti-wrinkle creams, exfoliating scrubs, eye creams, and facials coupled with a healthy diet- I try to do it all. I follow my daily regimen religiously. Every few months, I review and determine my needs. (Oh my goodness, I’m such a teacher!) If it’s not broke, then I don’t fix it. However, it also gives the me opportunity to try new products.
Avya Skin Care offers premium care products specially made for all skin tones. They feature an exclusive blend of peony, turmeric & neem extracts. When I read the ingredients, and tested it on the back of my hand, I knew I had to try both them. Here’s my honest opinion:
I’ve really enjoyed the sweet smell and light weight texture of the Avya. The Avya Day Moisturizer goes easily under makeup, and I have not experienced any breakouts. Active ingredients include: Hyaluronic acid, Red Algae, Beet Root, and Coconut Extract. The pump bottle makes it easy to apply quickly in the mornings before I dash out the door to work.The Avya Day Moisturizer has non chemical SPF 20 sunscreen for added protection against the sun’s damaging effects. It does not leave a white cast on my skin. This is really important, especially for us with more “melanin” or darker skin tones! I will definitely purchase this again.
I take a long hot shower before bed each night and then apply the Avya Night Moisturizer. It feel thicker and has more ingredients than the Day Moisturizer, which I personally love. I may skip my morning routine, if I’m short on time, but I’ll always follow my bedtime routine. The added weight of the Night Moisturizer seals in warmth from the shower. It’s not heavy or oily, two things my normal/combination skin hates! Active Ingredients include: Hydroxprplene (peptide), Hyaluronic Acid, Gogi Berry, Coconut Oil, Artichoke, Carob, and Vitamin A! It’s a perfect companion to the Avya Day Moisturizer.
If you’re looking to try out new skincare products, I think you should give Avya Skincare a try! Huff Post recently added Avya to their Eco Luxury 2017 Beauty Guide. With so many options to choose from, finding Skincare that works is no easy feat, especially for women who have more melanin in their skin than Caucasian women. Avya fits the bill. I can definity see why Avya Skincare has received this honor. So Invest in yourself! Visit their website for more details and to order their premium skin care products.
“Aging is a fact of life. Looking your age is not.”
Skincare Tips for Busy Moms
- Sleep on a satin pillow case. It reduces friction against your face, and keeps the cotton pillow case from stealing the moisture from your skin.
- Wear a facial moisturizer with added SPF. (Don’t forget your neck and the backs of your hands.)
- Drink WATER! (Half your body weight; 8 glasses full- to keep your skin hydrated.
- Mornings are hard and sometimes rushed. However, you must have a have a rock solid night-time routine to maintain your skin youthfulness. Wash, moisturize, put on eye cream at the very minimum.
- Life it busy, especially for us moms. We often have to put ourselves last to get things done. So I made it a point to treat myself to a spa night/day once a month. I light a candle. Put on soft music. Brew a green some Green Tea and then lock the bathroom door. I soak in a milk bath, exfoliate my skin using a sugar scrub, give myself a facial, followed by a quick mani/pedi. Then I relax. This reduces stress, give me some necessary “me time,” while caring for my skin, head to toe.
*Sponsored by www.avyaskincare.com