Life is not one size fits all and, for many of us, this is the same of our clothing. Edith Head was right when she said, “Your dress should be tight enough to show that you’re a women, but loose enough to prove you’re a lady.”
At 5 feet 7 inches, I’m on the taller side for a woman. Therefore, I often have a hard time finding a dress long enough for my taste. What is knee length for many women is actually above the knee for me. I often add fabric to the bottom or my dresses, let our the hem, or just go with a maxi dress. Then I discovered eShakti.
eShakti is a online women’s store that allows you to customize an item to your shape, size, and personal preference. You are not limited to dresses. Choose pants, shirts, tops, skirts, jeans, and even wedding dresses! Their moto is: We design it. You Customize it.
How does it work?
- Pick Your Favorite Design. I choose this beautiful embroidered dress!
- Give them your measurements. I pulled out my sewing tape and measured my waist, bust, and hips with the help my husband. He had a good laugh. “The things you wives make us husbands do!” -he chuckled.
- Customize the design to suit your style…..or not! This was the fun part for me. First, I choose the length of my dress. I wanted to to be 26 inches from my waist. This would ensure that it covered my knees when both sitting and standing. I love modest dresses. Next, I selected pockets because who doesn’t want a dress with pockets? I also choose a cap sleeve for a more retro feel. Last, I picked a notched neckline. With such a neckline a necklace isn’t needed, in my opinion. Where do you want the zipper? Side or Back? I choose the side zipper. However, the next time I order, I think I will choose a back zipper for more convenience.
- Get Ready for your Custom Design. My dress arrived just as promised within 10-14 business days. Best of all, eShakti provided an tracking number so that I could locate and determine the delivery date of my dress.
- Enjoy your one of a kind piece! This by far was the best part!! When I first opened the box I was happy to see the lovely embroidery. I ironed it and then hung it in my closet. It wasn’t until I stood in the mirror on Sunday morning did I truly understand how perfect my dress was. It fit like a glove in all the right places! I was more giddy than my 5 year old as I pivoted left and right in my bedroom mirror before leaving for Sunday Meeting.
When I arrived, a good friend caught my in the restroom washing my hands. She’s an excellent seamstress and has a keen eye.
“Oh my goodness, Jennifer- I love your dress! Look at that detail! Oh, I love the little buttons down the back. It’s so long- the perfect length for you! Oh and those capped sleeves- they’re gathered, just as they should be. And that embroidery- look it lays right over a seam in your skirt so that it appears seamless. This dress looks like it was made for you! Where did you get it?”
Yes, it was made just for me! I got it from eShakti.
Try eShakti for yourself.
Here is a coupon code “sassyteacherchic” exclusively created for readers to get 10% OFF when they shop at eShakti – valid from 09 /21 /2016 – 10 /22 /2016
Code has to be entered in the ‘promotional code’ box. It is not case-sensitive.
Code can be used any number of times until the validity period.
It can be clubbed with any other promotional offer, gift coupon or gift card in the same order unless explicitly specified otherwise in the offer conditions.
This discount code is not applicable on clearance, gift cards & overstock categories.
It’s not applicable on previous purchases.
Thanks for reading!