Many wonder, how do I wear shorts at work? After consulting your company’s dress code, here are some tips to get you started.
Shorts in the Workplace
1. Choose Bermuda or knee length shorts.
2. Avoid thin, too tight, or see through material.
3. Think classy! Pick a structured, dressy short, just as you would a pair of slacks.
4. Strut in your closed toe shoes. The combination of sandles and shorts feels too relaxed in most work places. *Kitten heels, dressy wedges, or pumps really do the trick, if your feet can handle them all day.** Here, I’m wearing closed toe flats because I’m often on the playground.
5. Pair a dressy blouse, cardigan, etc with your shorts. (I chose my cardigan, because I do not work in a corporate environment, but at an elementary school.)
6. Try to avoid shorts with prints. Choose solid colored shorts in neutral colors (black, brown, tan, navy, or gray) to keep unnecessary attention off your lower half.
7. Shave, tan, wax, moisturize, etc your legs. They will be on display all day.
8. Wear dress shorts on a “casual Friday” when the atmosphere of your workplace is already relaxed.
😄Thank you so much for reading this post! I hope you find these tips helpful.